Welcome to the Heritage House
Built in 1912
The Irving Heritage House will be open for public tours on Sunday, August 6, from 3pm – 5pm. Located at 303 O’Connor, the early Irving home was built as a prairie-style bungalow. Its cypress siding, low-hipped roof, large porch and gabled dormer are signature features of the style of early 20th century houses in the area. This Recorded Texas Historic Landmark had been built for the C.P. Schulze family in 1912. Tours are conducted on the first Sunday of the months March – December and admission is free. Refreshments will be served.
Located in the back garden area, visitors will find Mary’s Playhouse. Originally built as a chicken coop, it was adapted as a playhouse for the young Mary Schulze in the 1920s. Some of the items on display in the playhouse belonged to Mary and her brother Charles.
For more information, visit www.irvingheritage.com or call 972-252-3838.