/Santa - Texas.JPG
Santa Claus exhibit
The Heritage House will be decorated and open for tours on Sunday, December 4, from 3pm-5pm. Located at 303 South O’Connor, the home was built in 1912 for the C.P. Schulze family. It was designated a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark in 1986. Admission is free. Visitors will also receive a complimentary copy of the Irving history book “Irving, Texas: From Rails to Wings.”
The newly dedicated Mary’s Playhouse in the backyard garden area will also be open for visitors. Originally built as a chicken coop, the building was converted into a playhouse for the young Mary Schulze in the 1920’s.
On special display will be some selections from Eleanor Bell’s collection of Santa Claus figures. Gathered for over 20 years, the pieces come from Turkey to Texas.
For more information visit www.irvingheritage.com or call 972-252-3838. Group tours may also be arranged at alternate times.